Today Announces the Release of the Fourth Update of Prepar3D v2
Updates to Prepar3D v2.4 are available in both a patch to an existing v2.3 installation, or as a new installer from your Purchased Downloads page. If you are a current Prepar3D v2 user, as with all v2 updates, there is no charge to upgrade. Please be sure to read the download and installation instructions so that you have a seamless upgrade and update process.
The Lockheed Martin Prepar3D team loves hearing about your experiences with Prepar3D at our forums. The forums also give us an opportunity to listen to your feedback as we continue Prepar3D development. We’ve partnered with our forum users and with several 3rd party solution developers to continue to bring added features, enhancements, optimizations as well as additional backwards compatibility, bug fixes, and additional stability to Prepar3D v2.
We hope you find Prepar3D v2.4 continues to bring you the most immersive learning, simulation and training platform available.
The Prepar3D v2.4 update brings general bug fixes, rendering updates, as well as several requested features and enhancements to the SimDirector mission creation tool.
To see an example of SimDirector, load two of the new default missions that now come with Prepar3D – Checklist and Startup Procedure Demonstration to see an example of a Prepar3D virtual instructor demonstration, and Checklist and Startup Procedure Evaluation to see an example of a graded evaluation on that same procedure demonstration.
This v2.4 is an incremental update to fix a handful of outstanding issues present in v2.3.
The full listing of improvements, fixes, and requested enhancements is listed below.
General Platform Updates
- Fixed a crash when saving/loading scenarios due to corrupt object configuration files
- Custom camera orientation will now load correctly when multiple views are open
- Saving the Internal Vehicle Cast setting with setting profiles
- Fixed issue of blending between unlimited visibility layers
- Resolved an indefinite hang when selecting the observer role in multiplayer missions
Rendering and Performance Updates
- Corrected issues with batched objects and airport lighting on systems with multiple graphics cards
- Fixed an issue with BGL objects that were causing a memory leak and crash
- Fixed an issue with clouds being rendered quadruple the intended size
- Fixed an issue with particle effect scale being larger than intended
- Fixed an issue with multiple texture entries in panel configurations not being rendered
- Fixed issue with vertical geometry spikes
- Corrected an issue with cursors causing issues when HDR was enabled
- Added transparent panel support for auxiliary windows
- Fixed issues with custom camera post process settings not properly loading
- General fixes to terrain shadow artifacts
- Fixed issues with material z-bias level behavior not being consistent
- Added a backstage file menu to help configure the scenario, open recent files, change settings, and other useful operations
- Added hotkeys for common interactions
- Changed the behavior of actions so that if an action is unreferenced, then it will fire when the scenario begins
- Improved the object catalog by adding extensive filtering for new users and helpful key shortcuts for power users
- Improved and simplified the controls to navigate the world and manipulate objects
- Added the ability to use the Time Preview window and toggle Weather Visibility while editing scenarios
- Added the ability to preview text-to-speech for the DialogAction
- Fixed an issue where the application would hang when creating a scenario while the Mission Incomplete message box was open
- Fixed an issue where undocking windows would freeze SimDirector
- Fixed an issue where the VI Sessions window was not able to be used after resetting the scenario
- Fixed an issue where Panel objects would not respect the panel that they were referencing when previewing the mission
SDK and SimConnect Updates
- Added preliminary Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 (DK2) integration sample
- Added support for 3ds Max 2015
- Added SIMCONNECT_CAMERA_SENSOR_MODE to the C# SimConnect headers
- Corrected an issue with exported attach points being placed with the wrong orientation